Monday, December 01, 2003

still monday...

It's now 1.48 in the afternoon and it's still raining. I have a class in an hour, and I'm still racking my brains as to what I'll do to them tomorrow afternoon. I have to make some semblance of an effort, as I'm being observed. I am also trying to avoid smoking. I do need to give up: Fortunately, I'm not a heavy smoker - perhaps ten or so a day - but it's high time to jack it in. I'm nearly 36, and I've been smoking since I was 16 - way more than half my life. Assuming that my intake has been more or less constant over that period, it means that I have smoked over 73,000 cigarettes at a total cost (by today's standard) of approximately �17,200!!!! Jeezuz. That would buy me a three-bed summer house in the southwest of Turkey. If only I'd known.......
Going back to a previous blog entry about drinking, what about the cost to me of that? I'd say I proabably spend �40 a week, minimum, on booze. Since I have been frequenting pubs since the age of 16 as well, that would mean I have spent at least �41,500 over the same period. Oh deary, deary me..........

No comments: