Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Wednesday! A week and a half to go till the end of term. My wife and son are jetting off to Istanbul for a holiday with the relatives then, so I will have myself to myself for nine days. I know how it will go....for the weekend, I'll have the sheer bliss of not being woken up early - an extremely rare pleasure. I'll probably end up going out and getting horribly rat-arsed at least once. After a couple of days, I'll start missing them, and spend my days watching daytime tv instead of getting on with life. Indeed, my astounding ability to do absolutely nothing for days, even months, on end has been a sad defining feature of my life. Take heed, kids........I haven't done too badly with my days, but I am keenly aware that everything could be so much, much better. Fear nothing!

No comments: