Wednesday, January 17, 2007

waiting for the cable guy.

I'm not exactly feeling inspired at the moment. It's one of those times where I'm engulfed in a static cloud of ennui, making little movement forward or backward, like a fish in a still pocket of water. Still feeling ill and tired doesn't make it any easier of course. Right now, I'm working at home, waiting for the sattelite guy to come and set up a receiver for us.
Monday night saw the consumption of two pints of Abbot ale, and most of a bottle of red, plus six cigs, while yesterday was three glasses of red and two cigs. I hadn't originally intended to drink at all on monday, but as I was cycling home I wrenched the muscles in my back, which then started to spasm, and I had to sit down. A pub seemed much the best place to do this in, and of course beer is the best muscle relaxant. Well, that's what I told myself, anyway.

No comments: