What should I write? My frustrations at the everyday burden? My 'humble' opinions on this, that, and the other? By the way, whenever I hear someone begin with the words 'In my humble opinion..' I feel a need to punch the pompous fucker in the gob.Opinions are never humble. I could write of my readers, the strangely scattered number of you who read this. I check you out, you know. I look at the meter to the right of these entries, and it shows me a map of who has had a look, and I wonder why some posts seem to be more popular than others. Why is someone in China having a peek? Why is my diatribe against Rolie Polie FUCKING Olie so popular? Who is it that finds my discussion on the need to vote correctly in elections so interesting?
Here is a list of some ideas I'd like to write about on this blog. Whether I'll get round to it is anybody's guess.
- Poverty - its various guises, not necessarily the lack of lucre
- Ignorance - its relationship to poverty, and why they are both my enemies
- Stupidity - let's face it, we're all guilty of this, but why?
- A deterministic versus a relativistic universe - why the former is deeply scary, and the latter even scarier
- creation myths - how they have been hijacked by idiots full of the top three discussion points on this list
- why all faiths are at the mercy of fuckwits
- booze - me keeping faith with the original ethos of this blog
- why all politics, which, after all, is only another guise of faith, is at the mercy of ambitious fuckwits
- my sons, my family, and all the other things that conspire to drive me completely bloody mad, love them though I do.