Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Tuesdays. Not as bad as wednesdays.

...but still crap enough. I got into work at 8.15: I'll still be here at 9.00 tonight.
Here's a list of what I have to do today;
1) Compile a questionnaire for the evening class students, in order to produce an analysis of attitides to current classes and intentions for the future.
2) Devise a curriculum for evening sessions for the coming academic year - it needs to be more generic than exam-centred, but LSE funding is such that exams are crucial. However, most evening students, in my experience, aren't reallt arsed about gaining qualifications.
3) Alter the current course information that we hand out to prospective punters regarding the evening courses.
4) Do further research on gaining more qualifications, and see what my boss has to say about it.
5) Chase up HR to see if I have Faculty approval to go to a seminar on the Cambridge Advanced Exam on friday, and if they'll stump up for the price of a train ticket.
6) Do a bit of translation work for a student.
7) Mark work from several different classes, including written work from advanced students - always a real bugger to do.
8)Write up lesson plans for today's and tomorrow's classes, then produce materials, perhaps write up a powerpoint presentation, scout down appropriate books, and make sure I've got enough stuff to entertain the buggers.
9) Read up on some research regarding the IELTS exam.
10) Arrange a retake schedule for those students on my Academic english class who have failed any assignments.
11) The reason I do this job: teach my classes.
I'm sure there's other stuff to do as well, but that's all relatively trivial. Then there is the enormous onus of all my personal business to conduct.
Woo-hoo. Don't I live a full and glamorous life? And I only earn �22,000.

No comments: