Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Shit! It's only Tuesday!

...and I'm already knackered. Have spent the entire day with the nice but dim class, visiting Oxford. At least we had nice weather for it, and it went fairly well. Did all the usual tourist stuff, and threw in what I could remember about the city's history etc. Traipsed for bloody miles,though: My feet are stiff as buggery now. And I have another 2 hours of teaching ahead of me, before cycling home, getting myself some dinner, then collapsing into an exhausted heap on the floor.

My dreams of smoking are becoming more vivid. Last night, I could even smell the smoke, and I thought to myself,'Shit, there goes that resolution'. In waking life, however, I'm still nobly resisting. In fact, the only time I ever get a faint craving now is after I've drunk a couple of pints or a couple of glasses of wine, but it's a feeble affair. So why am I dreaming of cigarettes? As far as I can work out, it's some kind of anxiety dream, which (let's face it) is hardly surprising, considering my situation. And I'm generally aware of the folly of my situation.

No comments: