Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Yet another Tuesday.

I'm trying to get my addled brain in order, alongside my buggered financial situation. In terms of money, I really have reached my nadir. I finally told my parents about it, not that they can really help, except with practical advice. I hadn't wanted to say anything, but I didn't really have anywhere else to turn. We totted up mine and my wife's total debts: They came to a staggering thirty three thousand pounds. It was horrifying. How the hell did that happen? All I'm doing is paying some other bastard. Note that this money hasn't gone on fancy living - far from it, it has been to try and live decently. And that debt has been racked up over the past four years since we moved back to this bloody country. I mean, what the hell is going on? I'm not looking to be a millionaire: I'm not looking to swill champagne every other day; I'm just trying to live. It seems like a strange punishment being meted out to me for having the presumption to go and live abroad. At least now I can see where our money is going. Now what shall I do? A consolidating loan is out of the question, I think. I can look for additional work, but that is likely to be something like working in a bar, and that is not going to haul us out of the morass by itself. I can look for another job, but what?

No comments: