Thursday, October 09, 2003

half past two on a lazy thursday afternoon....I'm writing up the blog to give the impression to my fellow instructors that I'm engaged in profitable labour. I actually have a shitload of stuff to do, but I am, as ever, seeking to avoid it. The story of my life, that is.
We have an OFSTED inspection coming up, and everyone at management level is bricking themselves. Not only have new mousemats and post it notes been ordered, but projectors, computers and screens have been shoved in every classroom, along with orders to use them or else. It would be nice if half the bastards worked, or didn't fall on heads. Again, it is an example of senior management being obsessed with image, not substance. They see people as things, units to process or be used, and that's a sad failing in an academic (ha!) institution.
Right, that's enough of a rant for now, time to do some work. Or not.

No comments: