Tuesday, October 07, 2003

....and there it is. It is now ten years to the day that I accepted my first teaching post. I got a phone call from some snide guy with an faux-American accent offering me the job: My future boss, as it turned out. I nearly refused it, but then decided to take the leap. After I got off the phone, I almost bricked it. I felt a wild surge of elation and fear. Then I went to the pub. What followed over the following twelve days before I left was a mad whirl of packing, buying tickets, and trying to do some research as to exactly where the hell i was going in Turkey. I hadn't a clue as to what I was letting myself in for, nor did I speak a word of Turkish.
Well, that was a day where I changed my life. But now? I'm back in Reading and I'm still a teacher, and I am fed up to the back teeth with both. I need to make the leap once more. trouble is, it's harder this time: I've got a wife and a son to think of too. If I screw up, then mthey come into free fall with me.

No comments: