Monday, November 10, 2003

Oh, the joy of mondays.... I now need to plan my entire week's output of lessons, which bodes to be fun...This includes taking a group of students to Winchester tomorrow, to gape at old stuff. whoo-hoo.
After classes on Friday, I and several others went to the Fisherman's Cottage for a few drinks. The inspectors deemed our department to be 'good', which is more than can be said for a lot of the college. I got far too drunk than is good for me. Indeed, this seems to be happening more often these days. It's not a question of how much I drink, but rather the effect: My behaviour appears to be much more pratlike. That, or the part of my brain that governs social behaviour is a lot more alert at an advanced level of drinking than it used to be, and therefore I'm more aware of the chaos I'm causing.
The weekend saw me feeling bleak and tense, especially after spending a rather dire sunday afternoon with some friends of Nur. Don't get me wrong, they're very nice people, but they're boring as, well, a wet sunday afternoon. Conversation was dominated by talk of cars and houses, as per usual. I could feel my brain withering and atrophying over the course of two and a half hours. Back home, I made mince pies, then roast lamb on a bed of leek and carrot tagliatelle, with dijon mustard potato puree and a red wine gravy....yum!

No comments: