Monday, March 03, 2003

Hey, ho, just another day in bloggerland. I was back at college today, away from the strictures of family life and into the ever eager arms of my classes. First up: A group of pre-intermediate students of a large variety of nationalities. Started on a new book, and cajoled them into taking exams in June. Made one girl, Rikke, cry, albeit inadvertently. She�s dyslexic, which is hard enough doing it in one language, let alone learn another. I was going through her exam results, and discussing her difficulties, when she burst out crying. It�s difficult to know what to do. Sad to say, but I don�t think there�s any kind of language learning support for dyslexics to be found unless you�re loaded. The afternoon bought the Foundation programme class, all desperately hoping to get into a good University. Conjured a lesson out of nothing: presentation skills. Now I have a shedload of marking to do. Oh Joy���..

No comments: