Wednesday, July 02, 2003

The fun and games continue. I found out on Monday that I was programme leader for the summer school. Seeing as we had our first students appear for it that very day, I was, to say the least, somewhat taken aback. Mike, the temporary Curriculum Manager, had muttered something about summer school back in March, then had promptly forgotten about it. So, now I have to organise testing, classes, schedules and teachers within a week, plus organise a roster of social activities and find the money to do so. Oh joy. It's such fun being dumped in the shit at the last minute, isn't it? Grrrr......
Yesterday was a ghastly one. I had to attend a meeting regarding observation of classes ahead of November's OFSTED (Office for Standards in Education) visit. Dull, dull,dull, dull. The trainer was a softly spoken Ulsterman with the magnificently camp name of Bradley Lightborn. It lasted all day. You know how long meetings drain you of your very life essence. I then chaired a meeting of my son's after school club in the evening, which provided comparatively light entertainment.

No comments: