Friday, July 18, 2003

Friday! Hurrah!
I am sooooooooooooooo bloody sick of marking academic English stuff. Still, the course is reaching its end. I'm pleased with my students though - honestly, if it hadn't been for them, I'd have been off to another job before now. They've all got decent offers from good universities, even great ones. One girl has an offer to do law at SOAS, which is fantastic.
Talking of jobs, I put on my application for Curriculum Manager yesterday. I don't think I'll get it: There's one other candidate who, it seems to me, is a shoe-in for the post. Oh well, no harm in trying. I must say, however, that I'm totally frustrated with struggling to make ends meet and catch up with what I was earning (in real terms) four years ago in Istanbul. Bluh. Hell, what can a teacher do? My profession earns no respect in other spheres. I'm not asking to have a million dollar a year job, just something that'll allow me to live comfortably and pay off all my damn debts. And lounge on a hammock, drinking.
Oh well, back to marking.......enjoy your weekend!

No comments: