Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tired. Hungover.

I can't do this any more. The regular nightly necking of a bottle of wine that is. It takes me longer and longer to recover these days, and increasingly I notice how much of my time boozing has occupied. Last week, I didn't touch a drop for five days: I found myself at a loose end each evening, not wishing to watch crap TV, and so free to get on with all the other stuff I should be doing. However, I didn't. I more or less sat in a state of mental doodling, flitting from one idle activity to the other. It illustrated how much time is taken in pursuit of doing worthless things. Sure, I sorted out my email inbox, but so what? Yep, I did a bit of mass recycling - yeah, whatever. What I didn't do were the things I value - read a book, do my diploma, create new class materials and above all, WRITE.
And now there is the impending birth of sprog no.2; This wednesday, to be precise. How much more of my time will have to be sacrificed, doing all the newborn stuff? As I said in a previous post, I am most certainly not looking forward to all the mind-numbing boring crap that comes with babies and toddlers.

No comments: