Monday, January 31, 2005

Memory

Or the lack of it. I suspect all the years of partying are finally catching up with me. First of all, yesterday I completely forgot that Nur had invited round one of her work colleagues and my mum to dinner. She had only told me on friday night. Mind you, I was pissed at the time. It only came dimly back to mind when mum called and started asking if she wanted me to bring anything round. Suddenly, vague echoes of a conversation rose through the foggy depths ...'Paul...dinner...your mum....invite.....ok then.....what shall I cook?...' Bollocks. Raced round the shop and got more meat.
The second thing to make me doubt the power of memory was receiving an email from someone who had read this site. The person involved, who I'll not name, but is probably reading this, clearly knows me, but for the life of me I can't remember them at all. N., if you're reading, deepest apologies.

No comments: