Tuesday, January 04, 2005

just beginning

And a Happy New Year to you all. Here's to 2005; May it not be as vile as the past year has been. Considering all that passed in 2004, it won't be difficult.

Anyway, back to work after a boozed-up holiday. I did as close to bugger all as I could over the fortnight, which left me feeling more enervated than energised - I put on quite a few pounds, and I felt restless and gloomy. I need to do things - anything as long as I'm busy. once I'm into an inactive trough, I become down and find it very difficult to lift myself out of it or become active. I couldn't even be arsed with editing the novel. While it was pleasant to loaf with my family, I just felt that there was so much more I could be doing as well.

Two unexpected things that lifted me: First, Martin and Vicki sent a Christmas card in which they announced that they're getting married. I phoned up to congratulate them, and hjave now started making plans for Martin's Stag Night....it shall involve a monstrous Carroting....
Secondly, Fiona called last thursday just to say she was loving the novel. She pointed out that the start's too slow, which I knew, but that she felt she had to keep reading it. Enormously buoying.

Resolutions: None. They're bollocks. I wouldn't mind losing some weight though. getting back into the saddle should take care of that.

No comments: