Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Too good not to share....

...or an example of the kind of stuff I have to put up with on a day to day basis. The following is an extract from an Academic English assignment, handed in by one of my Chinese students. In it, he's explaining why he's decided to describe Thailand. Everything is as he wrote it:
I very interesting about two special people in Thailand, this is cause I write about Thailand for this country description. On the one hand those are the long neck girls, who have lived in east of Burma for nearly 4 century. Since 1948s, they were Persecuted by Burma, after that most of them moved to the hamlet for refugee in Thailand. The long neck girls have not any trick to earn the money expect their long neck. Since the little girls are 6-years-old, they have been trained wear the circle of copper. On the one hand that is can be earn some money for their needy life, on the another hand, they believe long neck can take good luck for them; another special people is a man change in sharp of sex, (I don�t know the name of them actually, although I am looking up the dictionary, unfortunately I still can not find out that name.) that men are very different from normal gentlemen. They cut off their dick, and inject them some medicine, which can let men become pretty ladies. After that operation, they would join a group, and dance for the show, take photograph with the a tourist.
What can I do, but bang my hand against the wall?

No comments: