Tuesday, October 12, 2004

sod this for a lark...

...all this bloody work malarkey. I'm knackered: I haven't had much time to myself since the last entry. Thought I'd write something down, though, before my next class.

Sue's funeral went as well as these things can. The crematorium chapel was packed - there were about 300 people by my reckoning. Afterwards, we had an enormous wake at my dad's house. He was in quite a state, so we made sure his glass remained filled. I may write in more detail later.

Spent last weekend indulging in various bucolic pursuits, namely making cheese on saturday (a surprisingly easy process) and making wine round at my mum's on sunday. She has a vine in a corner of her garden, and we pulled off 60 pounds of grapes - enough to make about 10 gallons of wine. After we'd gathered, mashed and mixed everything up, we sat down to a huge lasagne, salad and loads of red wine .

No comments: