Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Hurrah!

My Malaysian Chum, Nat Oppenheim, has come back from a weekend jaunt in Istanbul, bringing RAKI in her wake - for me! I'll be feasting on stuffed vine leaves, karpuz and beyaz peynir tonight :)

Further to that article about Mrs. Bin Ladin I mentioned the other day (see below): It struck me how all zealots, whatever their faith may be, have several things in common. The first is their desire to be powerful; second, their overweening egos, that say they are utterly correct no matter what; and third they do not really believe in the righteousness of their respective gods, but rather believe in the righteousness of their faith in their gods. When such people pray, all they hear back are the whispers that eternally echo and circle round their closed, metallic minds.

No comments: