Thursday, February 12, 2004

Bloody sodding cars, grumble, grumble...

Having had sole use of the car for the last fortnight makes me glad that I generally cycle to work. Firstly, it keeps me fit and my stomach within the circulference of my jeans; Second, it's faster for me to cycle - it takes me a maximum of fifteen minutes, whereas a car journey can be up to an hour; Finally, I never have a problem with parking with a bike. Several months ago, the college began issuing parking permits, solemnly warning that those without permits would be clamped. As is normal with this place, there are millions of cars without permits clogging the sodding car parks up, and noone has done a thing about it. Grumble, grumble, growl, growl......

I talked with Nur on the phone last night. She sounded distant and hollow, probably because she was on tranquilizers. Her mum is in a bad way. I suspect that the end isn't far off now. Nur is due to come back on sunday, but I suspect she may stay out there longer. Angus and I are doing ok, anyway.

No comments: