Friday, December 03, 2004

friday once again..

..and I'm about to escape. I like fridays, well, who doesn't, mainly because I don't have to teach lessons, and I can get away with the semblance of looking busy most of the time. Also, thanks to the college's generous (ha) policy for those who work two evenings a week, I get a half-day off. This doesn't really work for several reasons; first, I'm here for a total of eight hours on a tuesday and thursday evening, so a half-day is a bit tight, to put it mildly; More importantly, I frequently have so much admin crap to do that I end up getting out late. For example, I am currently revising the sodding course review documentation for the part time programmes - not fun, and my boss didn't enjoy my, erm, pithy comments that I'd scrawled initially. I have also now been appointed exams coordinator, almost without my knowledge. Our secretary flung a piece of paper entitled 'exam dates' on it at me, then Boss said , 'Ah, yes, I'd been meaning to mention...' Cheers for that. Now I must needs deal with Ethereal Eleanor, the exams officer who sounds and acts as if she's been pumped full of prozac.

I'm trying to lay off reading through the novel. Although I'm tempted to get into editing it to death, it might be a better idea to wait until I get some initial feedback. I've also found myself kicking my heels for the past week - I'm restless and bored. Time for a new challenge; Suggestions, anyone?


No comments: