Monday, December 13, 2004

bah humbug.

I am in a sodding evil mood. I blame having to go into Reading Town centre on Saturday to do Christmas Shopping. Every year, I promise myself that I will get it all out of the way really early on - like january, say - and every year I end up doing it at the last moment. Ditto Christmas cards. I find the surging crowds of shoppers an infinitely depressing sight, and the impression I get is of a mob grimly undertaking a task. There is no pleasure in it whatsoever. It is also monday, and I have dozens of exams to mark by wednesday, as well as course reviews and god knows what else. For some reason, the students in the college today are exceptionally ugly - they're loitering round the corridors like a bunch of slobbering trogs. Oh, bollocks to it all.

No comments: