Saturday, September 18, 2004

Susan Gallantry.

...or just plain Sue. My dad's third wife. Sadly, she lost her battle with breast cancer this morning, at 4 a.m. Over the last five years, she showed incredible reserves of fortitude and courage in the face of an incredibly vicious, aggressive form of the disease. While she was afraid, and I certainly would have been, she never stopped trying. She was, I recall, incredibly nervous of meeting the rest of my dad's family at first, particularly my sister and me, as she was worried that we would reject her out of hand. Instead, she found herself welcomed, as she was a pleasant, kind woman. I tryuly believe that my dad found a great deal of peace and happiness with her, and the man who had in part disappeared in the years follwing his split up from my mum returned. For him, too, this has been a harsh trial, and this year in particular has been a cruel, evil bitch: My grandfather died back in February, while Nur's mum died at the same time.

Sue leaves behind my dad, her three children and a grandson.

Safe journey, Sue.

No comments: